At LimRic, we understand that an unexpected HVAC or plumbing repair can have a significant impact on your finances. LEARN MORE
Spring Has Sprung! Prepare Your Home With Seasonal Maintenance
Even though we enjoy mild winters here in South Carolina Lowcountry, there’s still a sense of excitement surrounding the beginning of spring. The end of the school year is within sight, and summer days filled with sun and fun are not far behind.
Summer days mean endless hard work for your air conditioner, the essential appliance you count on to keep your family comfortable so you can fully enjoy relaxing in your home, all season long. Your cooling system has been “chilling” for several months, waiting to kick into high gear. Is it ready?
When preparing your home for the winter-spring transition, the most crucial item on your to-do list is to schedule an AC tuneup with Charleston’s leading HVAC experts. Check out this infographic to find out why air conditioner maintenance by the team at LimRic Plumbing, Heating & Air is such a great way to start the season.
Once you’ve got your cooling system squared away, you can move on to some other important home maintenance tasks, such as:
- Wash Windows and Screens — Let the spring sunshine in! Clear off any dirt or debris that has collected on your window screens over the fall and winter, and give your window glass a thorough cleaning.
- Clean Dryer Vents — This is an oft-neglected area of the home that impacts your air quality, the efficiency of your dryer, and your family’s safety. Clearing all the built-up lint out of the venting system will enable your dryer to expel moisture the way it’s supposed to, and protect your property from a dryer fire.
- Inspect Roof and Gutters — Have any fallen tree branches, leaves, or other debris collected on your roof and filled your gutters? Are there any holes in the roof, missing shingles, or broken gutter components? Have any damage repaired so rain water can drain away from your home, instead of leaking into it.
- Touch Up Home’s Exterior — Winter weather can make your home and everything around it look grimy and lifeless. From your siding to your driveway to your fencing to your deck and patio — and maybe even your backyard pool — do some spring cleaning to prepare your property for months of warm weather enjoyment.
- Swap Out What’s in Storage — Bring out the lawn furniture and give it a good dusting/cleaning. Walk around the house and identify any items you know you won’t use until next fall or winter — or no longer use at all — and either store it away or donate it. You don’t want to start a new season with a cluttered home!
Spring is here, and temperatures are climbing as we speak. Now is the perfect time to start ticking to-dos off your home maintenance checklist. Start by picking up the phone and giving us a call to schedule air conditioning service in Charleston, SC, or any of the surrounding communities. LimRic Plumbing, Heating & Air has been keeping the Lowcountry comfortable for 50 years, and we look forward to serving you this spring!