March 11, 2016
The best way to avoid plumbing problems is to find and fix any issues early. Small problems can be fixed for less than larger ones. Signs you might need pipe repair in Charleston include bubbling sounds caused by air trapped in sewer and pipe lines, or whistling sounds caused by dents in pipes. Banging sounds can signify serious issues and some of the causes leading to the need for pipe repair.
Some of the common causes include:
- Clogs: A blockage can be deep and large enough to warrant professional service. Your sink might not drain or the toilet might flush slower than usual. A clog can eventually cause a backup of pressure that can break a pipe, but at the very least should be cleared out by an emergency repair professional.
- Lack of Water: Another reason people seek pipe repair in Charleston, no water at all or very low pressure can mean there’s a broken pipe somewhere. If it’s underground, you probably won’t be able to reach it. Frozen pipes can affect water flow as well. These are some of the leading causes for pipe repair. Contractors have new technologies to repair pipes below the ground without having to do extensive digging. Your plumbing professional might have the right solution to fix the problem quickly.
- Fluid Backup: Any drain in your house can back up. If you haven’t used the ones in question and they back up frequently, there could be a blockage somewhere or a sewer line could even be broken. In any case, this is a sign of a problem. Contact a professional to see if pipe repair is necessary and correct the issue right away.
- Odors: Even if the water seems to be flowing normally, there are other signs to look for. A foul odor is one of them. If it’s coming from a drain, that might mean a pipe is backed up, or perhaps even broken. Smells often come from sewage that does not get transferred to the sewer lines. They’re most commonly experienced on lower floors and from sinks or other drain areas.
- Higher Utility Bills: If the water bill has gone up, but your usage and the company rates have stayed the same, a broken pipe could be the culprit. Check for puddles, damp walls, or odors if this is the case. Sometimes the first sign is a higher bill than usual. If you’ve recently filled the pool or watered the lawn then you might be able to explain the hike.
These are just a few reasons you might need pipe repair in Charleston. You should contact LimRic immediately if you experience any of them, so a licensed professional can find and correct the problem before it becomes more serious.
Our Service Areas
- Daniel Island
- Edisto Island
- Folly Beach
- Isle of Palms
- James Island
- Johns Island
- Kiawah Island
- Mount Pleasant
- Seabrook Island
- Sullivan’s Island
- West Ashley