Our team is proud to have been providing expert air conditioning sales, service, design, and installation to the greater Charleston area for for more than 50 years. In that time we have come across a variety of common, or frequent, air conditioning repair requests. These are the types of jobs that are simply part of our regular service rotation routine in which we make every effort to help our customers understand and avoid in the future.
Many of these repairs may be prevented with proper installation by professionally certified HVAC technicians or through scheduled and ongoing air conditioning maintenance.
Should your commercial or residential air conditioning not be performing as it should, we always suggest contact a professional right away. It is best to address air conditioning problems as soon as they arise to prevent further, perhaps more expensive, damage from occurring and to eliminate any opportunities for unclean air to penetrate your home or business.
Most air conditioning problems we see revolve around the following parts and components of a typical air conditioning system. There are many working parts that go into a properly functioning air conditioner. These include:
- Capacitors: Damaged or burned out capacitors will need to be replaced to restore power to your air conditioning’s components.
- Evaporator Coils: Evaporator coils must be properly maintained or they could become responsible for blowing moldy air throughout your home or business. The moist condensation on evaporator coils may become hot beds of bacteria that may not only prevent your air conditioning unit from properly working, but may cause unwanted health problems.
- Fuses: A burnt, damaged, or loosened fuse means a broken air conditioner. Our technicians always check fuses and replace them as necessary.
- Drain Lines: Debris often gets trapped and clogs drain lines. Once clogged, drain line condensation may cause extensive water damage to your home or business. It is imperative that drain lines be routinely checked to prevent an unwanted and expensive catastrophe.
- Relays: Relays act as switches that automatically shift to “on” or “off” directing varying components to do as they are told. It is common for relays to wear down over time or to become accidentally stuck. Stuck or worn out relays will need to be repaired or replaced to ensure a working air conditioner.
- Outdoor Fan Motors: The outdoor fan motor helps to cool air conditioning units. These sometimes are blocked by random outdoor debris due to weather, sticks, or animals causing your air conditioner to overheat.
- Indoor Blower Motors: The powerhouse of air conditioning units, blower motors function to push air through the ducts to your home or business. Blower motors may need to be replaced if the shaft is damaged, they are making inappropriate noise, or demonstrate a decrease in air pressure.
Don’t ignore air conditioning problems. This will only cost more money in the end. Let LimRic help you with our up-front fixed pricing options to make your air conditioner work, as it should, and at an affordable rate!
Our Service Areas
- Daniel Island
- Edisto Island
- Folly Beach
- Isle of Palms
- James Island
- Johns Island
- Kiawah Island
- Mount Pleasant
- Seabrook Island
- Sullivan’s Island
- West Ashley