October 23, 2015
While it may be getting colder, it’s still important to maintain a high sense of indoor air quality in Charleston. As temperatures begin to drop, the humidity levels in your home will begin to decrease, which can hinder indoor air quality in ways you didn’t even think were possible. This includes an increased risk of skin irritation, watery eyes, sore throats, and bloody noses. Wooden furniture or any belongings made from paper will also begin to crack and crumble due to the dry air in your home.
LimRic can provide you with several different methods to preserve a high level of indoor air quality in Charleston. We offer installation on air cleaners, air purifiers, humidifiers, and ventilators. Our team of experts work quickly so you’re breathing in fresh air in your home again. Above all else, we want to see our customers happy and healthy, and part of that is helping them maintain indoor air quality!
Indoor Air Quality in Charleston: 5 Tips
Improved indoor air quality can have an adverse effect on your health and overall mood, but how can you keep your home comfortable? Take a look at the following 5 tips:
- Invest in a Humidifier: A whole house humidifier will help restore a sense of balanced humidity levels in your home. A humidifier can evenly distribute moisture throughout your home to keep you and your family breathing comfortably, even when the driest air threatens to seep into your home.
- Dust Regularly: Household chores may seem undesirable, but make sure to dust and sweep all areas of your home at least once a week. Dust can often be a silent killer when it comes to indoor air quality. Any allergy sufferers in your home could be in jeopardy if you don’t dust thoroughly and often!
- Invest in Ventilation: Consider installing ventilation from LimRic to improve indoor air quality. Ventilators blend indoor and outdoor air to give you a temperature in your home that keeps everyone satisfied.
- Use a Ceiling Fan: While simply opening a window can improve indoor air quality free of charge, using a ceiling fan may be better when the weather outdoors is too cold. A ceiling fan can keep air circulating without costing you money on energy bills, unlike your average air conditioner. Also flip on an exhaust fan when cooking to blow away any vapor or smoke.
- Use Common Scents: Commercial air fresheners may smell nice, but they contain harmful pollutants that hinder your health if breathed in long enough. There are plenty of diffusers and vaporizers that use essential oils as opposed to chemicals, so you’ll get nice scents without any of the hazard.
Contact LimRic today if you want to learn more tips on how to improve indoor air quality in Charleston!
Our Service Areas
- Daniel Island
- Edisto Island
- Folly Beach
- Isle of Palms
- James Island
- Johns Island
- Kiawah Island
- Mount Pleasant
- Seabrook Island
- Sullivan’s Island
- West Ashley