February 5, 2016
If your furnace isn’t working as well as you want it to during the cold months, then you might be considering furnace replacement in Charleston.
Problems That Could Indicate Furnace Replacement in Charleston
When it’s cold and blustery outside, you want your home to be comfortably warm. What’s more: you want the air quality to be good, meaning you want it to have low humidity and be free of contaminants. In addition, you also want to be able to look at your energy bill without feeling your blood pressure go up. However, if your furnace isn’t heating the home consistently or enough; if the air quality is low; or if your energy bills are higher than they should be, then you might need to replace your furnace.
Ask the Right Questions Before Committing to Furnace Replacement in Charleston
Even if you’ve noticed one or more of the problems mentioned above, it’s still important to ask yourself some questions before committing to furnace replacement in Charleston:
- Do I really need furnace replacement? The problems mentioned above aren’t always cause to replace your furnace. In many cases, it can still be mended. The general rule of thumb is to consider how often you have it serviced and how old it is. If you’ve kept up with the maintenance and/or the appliance is close to 13 years, then it’s probably time to replace it.
- What capacity furnace do I need? This is something you should get a contractor to calculate for you. That way, you can be sure your new furnace is powerful enough and still energy-efficient.
- What fuel source should I choose? The most common fuel sources are fuel oil, natural gas and LPG. Another option is a geothermal furnace, which runs on electricity but uses less energy because it doesn’t use combustion to generate heat.
- Is my ductwork sufficient? Your ductwork must be sufficient to handle the furnace’s output, which might involve some adaptations if you’re purchasing a more powerful, or less powerful, appliance. In addition, the ductwork should be in good shape and clean.
- Why don’t I have LimRic on speed dial yet? This is the most important question when it comes to furnace repair and furnace replacement in Charleston. Our people are highly experienced and fully qualified to advise you on your best options. Plus, we can quickly and cost-effectively install your new furnace.
So don’t wait: get Limric on speed dial today!
Our Service Areas
- Daniel Island
- Edisto Island
- Folly Beach
- Isle of Palms
- James Island
- Johns Island
- Kiawah Island
- Mount Pleasant
- Seabrook Island
- Sullivan’s Island
- West Ashley